Tuesday, October 29, 2019

I Told Myself I Wouldn’t Buy Another Leica, But I Was Stupid to Say So

Everything that I can do with a Leica camera, I can do with any other camera out there. What makes them so special are their lenses and how they work specifically with the sensors put into Leica cameras. To be very specific here, I'm talking about the M series. The L mount cameras and the Leica Q series are nice; but they don't make a lot of sense for the type of work that I do. If I did a lot of photojournalism in war zones, the Leica SL would be a mainstay in what I did. I still own my Leica CL film camera, and after selling my Leica M4P I've come to be at peace with myself for letting it go. This camera's images and the film that is put into it can be replicated with almost anything else. In fact, I'm sure that no would be able to tell what came from my Hexar AF and what came from the Leica M4P. To that end, I accepted that the Leica M cameras were a luxurious item for me and my film photography--but film in and of itself is really a luxury.
I Told Myself I Wouldn’t Buy Another Leica, But I Was Stupid to Say So posted first on http://thephoblographer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment