Monday, June 12, 2017

Vagabonds: Following the Final Moments of the NYC Punk Scene

Vagabonds: Following the Final Moments of the NYC Punk Scene
The Vagabonds project happened naturally, starting in 2012 and spanning all the way until 2015. Prior to starting this project, I had already been going to concerts and shooting, but I began becoming more interested in the subcultures of the people attending the shows and the spaces they occupied than the actual performers. I had just moved to a new place, and the passion and dedication some subcultures I discovered in Brooklyn and lower Manhattan fascinated me. I went to more and more shows, having my camera on me at all times ready to shoot anyone who would let me. The people in the photographs became my friends, and the more I took their photos and learned about their lives, the more obsessed I became with shooting more and capturing their unique point of view.
Vagabonds: Following the Final Moments of the NYC Punk Scene posted first on http://thephoblographer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment