Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Manuel Sechi Photographs the Silent Gardens of London

Manuel Sechi Photographs the Silent Gardens of London
"I initially thought Street Photography was the style I had an aptitude for, so I studied the work of the masters (Bresson, Winogrand, Friedlander, Doisneau, Klein, just to mention some) but after a while I released it doesn’t work for me: street photography pushes me to shoot without thinking too much in the attempt to catch the 'decisive moment'." Photographer Manuel Sechi describes to us in an email. "Now I prefer a more thoughtful approach so I started working on cityscapes and abstract photography in urban environment, often using long exposure to make disappear the human presence from my pictures. I love to take pictures outdoors." These days, Manuel idolizes Josef Koudelka, Robert Frank, Salgado, Meyerowitz, Eggleston, Moriyama and in recent times he fell in love with the work of Michael Kenna.
Manuel Sechi Photographs the Silent Gardens of London posted first on http://thephoblographer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment