Monday, May 8, 2017

Pieter Symon: Behind the Scenes at the Louvre After the French Election

Pieter Symon: Behind the Scenes at the Louvre After the French Election
I was attending the Louvre Museum party of France president elect Emmanuel Macron. It was a great evening and I tried to catch the spirit. The story I try to tell with these pictures is the story of mainly young French people, celebrating that Emmanuel Macron has been chosen president. Attending the event, people cheering and singing along with the national anthem, waving French and European flags, this felt like the celebration of a great victory, of a revolution. Against the background of the Louvre Museum, some of my shots make me think of this painting of French symbol Marianne (see here). That feeling, that is what I tried to capture.
Pieter Symon: Behind the Scenes at the Louvre After the French Election posted first on http://thephoblographer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment